Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oops! It's been a while!

Sorry everyone! I've had my hands full for the past couple months and wish I could have updated our blog more than I did! I feel like so much has happened! I'm already 34 weeks pregnant, and Joshua Sawyer Bradshaw will be here before we know it! Yes, that's right...we did decide on his name. Joshua is after his Daddy (Joshua Adam), but we're going to call him Sawyer. At my last checkup, I was measuring 2 weeks over, so maybe he'll come a little early. Only God knows. We're trying to get his nursery ready but that's been a challenge! Our weekends have been booked solid for the past month but hopefully they'll slow down now!

Adam turned the big 3-0 in February! We had a surprise party for him at our small group on his birthday! He nicknamed himself Awesome Adam the first night of group so we threw him an Awesome Adam party. Check out the pictures below:














In Feb. we went snow-skiing in Cataloochie with our small group from Church! We had a blast! Of course now, I didn't snow-ski, but I watched the kids all day back at the cabin. They were angels! The weekend after that we took my sister to Gatlinburg for her bachelorette party! Wow, what a weekend is all I can say! 12 girls....great times, great friends, great memories!

Today I have a baby shower that our babysitter and her mom are throwing for me! How sweet! I'm really looking forward to it. Then next week, my small group girls are having another one for me! I truly have such amazing friends! Thank you!

Kaylen is 18 months old and is growing up so fast! She had her checkup on Wednesday and weighed 28 lbs. and was 33 1/2 inches long. She's still in the 90th percentile on height, weight, and head circumference. But the doctor said she's doing great! I have a funny story...while we were waiting on the doctor to come into the room, Kaylen starts pointing to different things around the room and saying what they were (did I mention how smart she is). Well, she then says "penguin" and I don't really know where that's coming from. She says it a couple times and then points to the back of the door to an eye chart that has 4 penguins on the 4th row down! Where did she even learn that word! I was just blown away!

She definitely loves to copy things we say now so we have to be very careful. Dang it can be a phrase she starts to repeat over and over! :-) She is just so, so cute and so, so full of energy these days. She has truly been a different child the past couple weeks. Her temperment...everything...it's all changing and it's amazing to watch the transformation in her! I do have my worries about how she'll handle having another baby in the house. She doesn't seem to quite understand what's going to happen yet. I have confidence in her though and I think she's going to be the best big sister ever!

Here are a few pictures I wanted to share from the past couple months! ENJOY! I'll try to do better at this next time!













No comments: