Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Kaylen's 1!
Ok...I'm a little late but hey, this will have to do (I'll explain why later)! Kaylen's 1st birthday was actually yesterday, September 9. We had her party on Saturday at our house & over 50 family & friends came to help us celebrate. It was a frog theme....frog cake, frog pinata, frog pool, frog gift bags, etc. I know, I know....Kaylen of course won't remember any of it, but we all enjoyed it and watching her have a great time. She started out the day teething and was very grumpy & clingy. Needless to say, her wonderful nap times both were reduced significantly because she just didn't want to sleep! So much for planning her party after both naps when I thought she would be at her happiest time of the day! She showed me who was boss! She was a little overwhelmed by all the people, but once her Aunt Carrie put her in the pool, she livened up! The older kids had a great time with the pinata while the adults chit-chatted. Then it was time for cake! Aunt Peggy made a big sheet cake for all of us and a little individual one for Kaylen. Kaylen LOVED it! She dug into it literally! By the time we got to opening presents, Kaylen was half asleep! She hung in there and enjoyed seeing all the gifts she got. Here are some pictures from her big day!





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment