Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

14 week checkup

Today, I had my monthly checkup with the doctor. I'm 14 weeks and 4 days. It's hard to think at this time during my pregnancy with Kaylen, I had just found out I was pregnant! Man, the difference of knowing early! My blood pressure was great, but I found out I gained 6 lbs during the last month! Uh-oh! BUT, we did go on a cruise where we ate around the clock, so I'm hoping that accounted for most of the weight gain! But my doctor didn't seem to care. She said a normal weight gain in a month is 4-5 lbs. The baby's heartbeat was 154. I made the comment of perhaps being another girl with the higher heartbeat, but the nurse said this was one of those old wives tales. A higher heart rate only means the baby is active or moving around, just as we do when our heart rate increases. ??? It makes sense, but everything I read seems to tell me that I should be bringing back out the baby girl clothes and items. I don't know.....I guess we'll know in about 5 weeks. My next appointment is December 2 and we'll find out the baby's sex! I cannot wait!!! I'm so very excited!!!! Any guesses out there? I'll try to set up the baby guessing online thing when I get a chance! Just wanted to share!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Girl, Maclain's heartbeat stayed between 160 and 170 almost the whole pregnancy! ONCE it was in the 150's! :) And, he could NOT be any more BOY! SO, don't bring out all the pink yet!