Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Saturday, May 2, 2009

How life changes...

I just have to share this funny story...mainly for me to remember it in the years to come. On Thursday, I planned to venture out with my 2 children...first to the library for storytime and then to the park for lunch and playtime. Kaylen's sitter normally takes her every Thursday and I figured I should try to keep it up while I'm watching her too since she enjoys it so much.

Well, storytime starts at 10:30 AM. I seem to forget that it will take me more time to get the kids ready now that there are 2. I guess I had just fallen into a routine and wasn't thinking any differently. I was ready to walk out the door at 10:15 AM, which already would have put me a little late to the library but I still thought I was doing good. THEN...I smelled it...Kaylen had pooped....so had to change her. Ok, that was down so let's go now. BUT WAIT...then I heard it...Sawyer had pooped....but I already had him strapped in his car seat. SO, out he goes and I change him and strap him back in. THEN, he spit up all down his new outfit! So, out he goes again and I get him cleaned up and make sure he still doesn't have to burp or anything! Ok, now I think we are ready. Kaylen walks out to the car carrying a few things for me to help out. We get to my car, but wait...no car seat base for Sawyer. Adam hadn't put it in my car yet (only his). So, down they both go in the garage and now I have to install the base. Ok, more time goes by because I can't fit it in the middle seat next to Kaylen's seat. For some reason, there just wasn't enough room. So, he goes behind my seat and Kaylen is behind the passenger seat. Ok, now I think we are ready. But wait, I had to go get sunscreen and diaper bags and a juice cup for Kaylen...oh and my camera.... wow what an ordeal I created!

Needless to say, we FINALLY got out of the house about 11 AM...45 minutes later! Yikes! SO, we didn't make it to storytime so we picked up lunch (because I forgot to pack it) and went straight to the park. We had a GREAT time! Kaylen loved seeing Jessica and Carter and all her other friends. It was definitely worth it! But it made me realize how different things are going to be with 2 little ones now! I'm loving every minute of it though!

I'll post more pictures soon. Just wanted to share this funny, yet special, story!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

:) Love it!! Can't wait for the chaos myself! :)