Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Thursday, May 28, 2009

What's New

Ok having 2 kids under the age of 20 months is definitely taking its toll on me! I'm exhausted and am listening to my baby cry right now. He was awake for the last hour and a half and then fell asleep so I laid him in his crib. What does he start doing 5 minutes later....CRY!!!! Oh it's so frustrating! I made the mistake during the first few weeks and held him WAY too much, especially during the middle of the night! I tried to keep him from crying and waking up Kaylen. Well, I'm paying for it now. We did the "Babywise" method with Kaylen and although it was a rough couple of days, letting her cry it out gave her the independence to go to sleep on her own. It was the best gift we have given her. She was sleeping through the night at 9 weeks and has been a great sleeper ever since! No problems at naptime or nighttime. Well, now I'm trying to get Sawyer on the same routine. Sleep, eat, wake... Ok, I just went upstairs and put his paci back in his mouth and thought he fell asleep. Well, I'm back on the computer and he's crying again. The last couple nights have been rough. I feel like I'm a walking zombie! I really don't remember it being this bad with Kaylen but I think I had just forgotten what it was like having a newborn!

I can't get over how much Sawyer looks like Kaylen's baby pictures. I need to post a few to show the similarities. He really has been a wonderful baby and is so sweet and cuddly. I can't believe he's already 5 weeks old! Where has the time gone?!?!? My little boy is growing up so fast and in a couple weeks I'll be back to work and won't be able to witness all the daily changes in him! Thinking of this makes me so sad... :-(

Anyway, Kaylen has been great with him! She LOVES kissing him and touching him and is actually doing so much better with him than when we first brought him home. She's growing up so fast and is working into her own personality. She's a hoot! She's got a laugh that will bring you to tears and a smile that will melt your heart! I can't believe how smart she is either. She knows everything we say and can speak sentences now! It's unbelievable! She counts to 10, says her ABC's, and sings Twinkle, Twinkle, I love you, & Jesus Loves Me. I am blessed to have had the opportunity to spend some quality time with her at home while on my maternity leave. Just last week, I took her to see the show "Bob the Builder" and she LOVED it! We have bonded so much and I will truly miss spending my days with her.

Kaylen will be watched by her cousins when I go back to work (June 15) and will then go to daycare with her cousin in August. Sawyer will be watched by a wonderful in-home provider that currently watches my niece. I'm thankful to have the childcare taken care of and I feel confident that they will be in safe and loving environments.

Here are some pictures from the past week or so.















No comments: