Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Friday, June 12, 2009

Ook Mommy!

Funny story....

Yesterday, I'm on the "puter" (aka computer) when my 21 month old daughter comes running up to me saying "Ook Mommy Ook!" (aka Look Mommy Look!). I see something on her finger but can't quite tell what it is. Can you tell where I'm going with this?!??! She comes closer and low and behold she has POOP on her fingers & she's proud of it! She had a long shirt on with a diaper & no shorts, so I turn her around & notice her diaper is missing! BUT there is a monster load of poop literally hanging out of her butt! GROSS, I know! I run her to the couch and grab a towel to lay her on and then I quickly begin to clean all the poop off her. I put a new diaper on and then search to find where she took her old diaper off. I find it under the coffee table and thank goodness, there wasn't any more poop anywhere else in the house. We then had to wash hands fast because she kept trying to suck her thumb which minutes before had poop on it! Anyway, I informed her what she did wrong and she said "yes mam" but I think she thought it was funny! We even went to the potty to again explain where poop goes...we're still slowly working on potty training. She knew her diaper had to come off but she forgot the part that she needed to go to the actual bathroom! We have a long way to go but it was still a cute story and a great memory to share with her when she's older! :-)

1 comment:

The Bunns said...

I can definitely relate to that one! Check mine out: http://www.bunnsinstlouis.blogspot.com/